07 August, 2017
rero-lution Online Competition 2017 - Results

Earlier this year, we threw out a challenge to all our robot makers to BUILD A SOLUTION to an everyday real life problem - and that's exactly what they did! We received many outstanding projects which really showcased their wit in coming up with creative and innovative solutions. Good job, rero Robot Makers! Thanks for putting in so much effort. Regardless whether you win the cash prizes or not, you're already a WINNER for taking up the challenge. We hope that you do not stop here but continue to build more amazing robots and improve your programming skills.

Before we announce the winners, allow us to introduce our panel of judges for this competition.... *drum rolls*... Special thanks to Tony (Engineer and Chief Trainer), Suhana (Graphic Designer) and Idris (Design Engineer) for reviewing EVERY submission to decide on the Winners. All projects were judged based on the following criteria - (i) Creativity and Innovation, (ii) Engineering Design, (iii) Programming, and (iv) Video Presentation. Total points awarded by the Panel of Judges were converted to 70% and the remaining 30% came from social media voting. 

And here's the final result for rero-Lution Online Competition 2017.
Congratulations to all Winners!

Grand Prize Winner + Best Video Presentation Award
rero Book Sorter by Tan Po Yeh from High School Batu Pahat, Johor

Gold Award + Creativity and Innovation Award
Automated Sea Collector by Lim Bing Yan and Guek Teng Tze from TAR University College, Selangor

Gold Award + Best Programming Award
Smart rero Cleaner by Lim Wern Jie from SMJK Jit Sin, Penang

Gold Award + Best Engineering Design Award
DOOReroMon by Teoh Jian Jia, Lee Zong Hao and Tan Qi Yang from SMJK Jit Sin, Penang

Gold Award 
rero Alarm by Amirul Arif, Muhammad Hazim Syahmi and Muhammad Azrie from Kolej Vokasional Batu Pahat, Johor

Silver Award Winners 
(in no particular order)

  • Water Level Alarm by Bryan Ong from SMK Valdor, Penang
  • rero Banner by Ahmad Rusydi, Aizzat and Mohamad Adib Farhan from Kolej Vokasional Batu Pahat, Johor
  • Mopping Robot by Ng Hui Qing, Tan Jue Kie and Teoh Ern Qi from SMK Valdor, Penang
  • First-Aid Robot by H'ng Jia Hong and Bryan Ong from SMK Valdor, Penang
  • rero Waiter by Loo Fang Hean from USM Engineering Campus, Penang

Bronze Award Winners
(in no particular order)

  • rero Fan by Lim Wen Syin from SJK(C) Peng Bin, Penang
  • Shoe Keeper Assistance by Quek Ee Wen from USM Engineering Campus, Penang
  • rero Neko Feeder by Mohd Firdaus, Mohd Danial and Mohd Azuan from Politeknik Kuching, Sarawak
  • rero Mopper by Tinesha Bannu, Maryline and Shirly Chua from Politeknik Kuching, Sarawak
  • Robotics Waiter by Wong Zheng Xiang and Wong Zheng Yong from Selangor
  • My Homemaid Robot by Tan Jun Fu and Lew Jin Yan from SMK Valdor, Penang
  • rero Coffee by Mohamad Faez Hakimi, Muhammad Ibtisham and Muhammad Darwis from Kolej Vokasional Batu Pahat, Johor
  • The Toy Collector by Teng Quan Yi and Bryan Ong from SMK Valdor
  • LIPATBOT by Ikqbal Syameel, Muhamed Fairuz and Mohd Yuskamarul from Politeknik Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin, Perlis
  • Robot Bulter, My Best Helper by Beh Jia Liang and Beh Yu Jun from SMK Valdor, Penang

If you are interested to view all project videos, please head on to our YouTube Channel playlist here

CONGRATS once again to all Winners. See you at the prize giving ceremony at RAC'17 @ KLESF, The Mines in November!