We had a fantastic time organizing the Robot’s Got Talent Online Competition. We were blown away by how creative and innovative our robot makers are! Over 80 videos were submitted, showcasing not only their programming skills but also presentation, design, and certainly there were also crowd favorites, as shown by the amount of shares and likes that they have garnered on our Facebook page.
Well done to all participants and congratulations to the Grand Prize Winner and Top 10 Finalists. Enjoy the cash prizes and hope the experience will propel all robot makers to continue to chase after their passion and inspire greater dreams!
Here's the final result for Robot's Got Talent Online Competition 2016. Congratulations once again to all winners!
Grand Prize Winner and Best Programming Award:
Voice-Controlled Omni-Directioinal Wheelchair by Lim Wern Jie from SMJK Jit Sin.
Top 10 Finalists (in no particular order):
(1) Workout Robot - Haziq and Qhalid Hassan, Sekolah Menengah Islam Tahfiz Al-Amin.
(2) StampRo - Asmazoel, Sharifah and Henric, Politeknik Kuching Sarawak.
(3) W-XAV - Why Ling and Xerro, USM Nibong Tebal.
(4) rero Hoverboat - Jun Yan, Chiah Xuan and Yi Hong, SMJK Jit Sin, Penang
(5) rero Pecko - Ali, Nurhayani and Ameera, Politeknik Kuching Sarawak.
(6) Light-Dark Colour Distinguisher - Sing Yee, USM Nibong Tebal, Penang.
(7) Motorbike Rider - Wei Shan, Bukit Mertajam High School (Best Engineering Design Award)
(8) rero Wall-E - Tze Hank, Aw Yong and Jensen, Chong Hwa Independent High School, Kuala Lumpur.
(9) Mr Bin - Jian Jia, Zong Hao and Qi Yang, SMJK Jit Sin, Penang.
(10) rero Crab Hand - Amirul, Hazim and Azrie, KV Batu Pahat.
Best Video Presentation Award: rero Bond by Amirul, Hazim and Azrie, KV Batu Pahat.
Most Creative/Artistic Robot Award: Plabot Picasso by Batrysha and Misya, MRSM Alor Gajah.
Most Popular on FB: rero Human by Pei Kiak, USM Nibong Tebal. (1504 shares and 580 likes)
Most Entries: SMK Valdor (9 entries)
Statistics: TOTAL 85 submissions from primary/secondary schools (33), vocational colleges (5), Politeknik (29), universities (9) and others (9).